WHAT DO OUR PHYSIOTHERAPISTS DO?
The following are common treatment methods used by our physiotherapists:
- Exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- Joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- Muscle re-education to improve control
- Breathing exercises
- Soft tissue mobilisation (massage)
- Dry needling
- Assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs to help you move around
Physiotherapy plays an important role in the management of lung disease by offering pulmonary rehabilitation (exercise training, education and support), education on physical activity, airway clearance and breathing exercises.
Helping men during and after treatment for cancer it assists in the healing process, restore strength and flexibility, improve energy levels and general wellbeing as well as help in managing fatigue.
Our physiotherapists at Extend can write programs to help you on your initial steps into restoring or building fitness or we can help you develop programs to meet your fitness goals.
Our physiotherapists practice “hands-on” therapy initially before promoting exercise rehabilitation to help you recover from your injury and ensure that you have a safe transition back to work.