WHY IS PRESCRIBED REHABILITATION AND EXERCISE IMPORTANT FOR PEOPLE DURING AND AFTER CANCER TREATMENTS?
“Cancer patients would be shocked if they knew just how much of a benefit physical activity could have on their recovery and long term health, in some cases reducing the chances of having to go through the gruelling ordeal of treatment all over again.” Prof Rod MacLeod, Senior Staff Specialist Hammond Care and Conjoint Professor in Palliative Care at University of Sydney.
WHAT THE PINC PROGRAM AIMS TO DO FOR YOU
- Optimise physical and functional recovery
- Ease pain and muscular tension
- Help regain strength and mobility
- Increase energy levels and improve breathing
- Strengthen core muscles and improve posture
- Improve physical functioning and maintain independence
- Reclaim body confidence and control
- Reduce treatment related side effects
- Shift focus from illness to wellness
It is suitable after any type of cancer surgery or treatment and accommodates all ages, fitness levels and mobility.
The Pinc Cancer Rehab Physiotherapists assess each patient individually for physical impairments and the effects of their treatment. They then work with each patient to create a rehabilitation program to suit their particular stage in recovery. They will provide information to help you feel more in control of your body and life again.
LEARN TO LIVE WELL
Research shows that remaining physically active is a very important component in your recovery from cancer and the effects of its treatment.