WHO IS SUITABLE?
- Elderly patients who may find it difficult to come into the clinic due to transport and/or mobility issues.
- Disability patients who may be wheelchair or aid dependent. In most cases it is better these patients be seen within their home environment so functional activities of daily living can be assessed and targeted within their exercise programs as well as educating their home care giver how to perform exercises and mobilise the patient safely.
WHAT WE CAN HELP WITH
Our physiotherapists are experts in developing home programs to suit the needs of our in-home patients.
Our treatment and management programs focus on:
- Balance and strength retraining
- Post-stroke rehabilitation
- Chest physiotherapy
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Balance and mobility assessments and exercise programs
- Prescription of walking aids
- Advice on home modifications
Sometime patients are unable to attend our clinic due to frailty, severe pain or inability to drive due to surgery. At Extend Physiotherapy we offer home visits to ensure you are receiving appropriate and immediate care.